Assistant Professor, Structural Engineering
Telephone: (703) 993-6134
2706 Nguyen Engineering Building
- PhD, Structural Engineering, University of Missouri-Columbia, 2017
- MS, Structural Engineering, University of Missouri-Columbia, 2012
- BS, Civil Engineering, Zagazig University, 2008
- CEIE 210 – Statics
- CEIE 310 – Mechanics of Materials
- Blast analysis and design of steel structural walls and roof systems
- Improved blast resistance
- Propagation of blast wave over roofs
Doaa Bondok is an Assistant Professor of Structural Engineering in the Sid and Reva Dewberry Department of Civil, Environmental, and Infrastructure Engineering. Dr. Bondok co-instructs the Senior Design projects and serves as the faculty advisor to the Steel Bridge team and the Concrete Canoe team.
Prior to her appointment at GMU, she served as a part-time faculty at Westminster College in Missouri where she taught and developed engineering courses. She earned her MS and Ph.D. degrees in structural engineering from University of Missouri-Columbia. She received her BS from Zagazig University in Egypt with an Excellence with Honor Award. Before she started her graduate studies in USA, she worked as a structural design engineer in a consulting firm in Egypt.
Her MS and PhD research work focused on the analysis and design of structures and building components against extreme loads. She managed to develop engineering analysis and prediction models that were utilized to develop enhanced blast-resistant walls. She also evaluated different roof truss systems for their blast resistance using experimental programs and robust numerical simulations. In addition to her research contributions, she is passionate about student learning and success, and integrating research in her teaching pursuits.
- Bondok, D., Clayton, G., and Salim, H. (2018). “Dynamic Response of Roof Truss Systems under Blast Loading” Structure Congress 2018
- Bondok, D., and Salim, H. (2017). “Failure Capacities of Cold-Formed Steel Roof Trusses End-Connections” Thin Walled Structures Journal.
- Bondok, D., Salim, H., and McClendon, M. (2017). “Static Resistance of Open Web Steel Joist Roof Systems for Blast Response Analysis” ASCE Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, American society of civil engineering (ASCE).
- Bondok, D., Salim, H., Saucier, A., and Dinan, R. (2015). “Static Resistance Function of Cold-Formed Steel Stud Walls.” Thin-Walled Structures Journal1016/j.tws.2015.04.008, 177-187.
- Bondok, D., and Salim, H. (2014). “Numerical Modeling of Conventional Steel Stud Walls’ Static Resistance for Blast Response Predictions” ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering. American society of civil engineering (ASCE). ISSN: 07339445/04014035(10)
- Bondok, D., Salim, H., and Agee, B. (2013). “Improved Static Resistance and Failure Mechanisms of Conventional Cold-Formed Steel Stud Walls.” ASCE Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, American society of civil engineering (ASCE)10.1061/CF.1943-5509.0000525, 04014069.