Transfer Students

George Mason University accepts applications from qualified student who wish to transfer from other colleges. Admission to the Department of Civil, Environmental, and Infrastructure Engineering is competitive and may vary from semester to semester. For further information on applying as a transfer student, visit

Applicants who have completed 30 or more transferable credits from an accredited college or university, may apply for admission based on their college or university academic record.  Applicants with fewer than 30 semester hours of transferable credit must also submit a copy of their secondary school record, as well as SAT or ACT scores.

Students arriving with a 2-year engineering Associate Degree from a community college will find they are well along in their progress toward the B.S.-CIE degree, however they should be aware that completion of all B.S.-CIE requirements may require more than 2 years of further study.  Transfer students are advised to consult the course articulation table to learn which courses are creditable toward a B.S. in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering.